More photography


This year started with a lot of energy and intention for photography (music too, but that’s for another post). I’ve been putting up a picture every day on Flickr but I’m not at all happy with the results. It could be because I’ve just not given the pictures my full attention or because things are so insane elsewhere I’m not prioritising as well as I could. I’m already scurrying around for potential shots at night and it’s only January.

Last year I shot almost exclusively with a 50mm lens on my DSLR. This is a tight lens but can help create some excellent results. A few weeks ago I was given a new work phone with a half decent, wide angled camera and I bought a 35mm lens for the DSLR, which recreates roughly what a 50mm would see on a film camera. The 35mm gives me a wider view but I’m still seeing the world as if through the 50mm lens so that could take a while to sort out.

Just before getting the 35mm lens I did a portrait session which went well and hope to do a bit more of that. Meanwhile I shall carry on seeing and taking pictures and work at getting better.

Comments

Popular Posts