RPM Challenge - an embarrassing update

The plan to make an album in February was going really well. Lyrics written, music for two of the tracks complete and I even managed to maintain the feeling that I could finish it.
But then my family and I were offered a chance to cat/house sit in Penzance. We love Cornwall and all needed a break from the hassles of daily life (the ongoing fight with Sovereign Housing and the neighbours, for example). So, after celebrating my mum’s 89th birthday various family members piled into the car and headed south-west.

That was lovely of course but it took a week out of my recording schedule, such as it was. I now have, by my reckoning, one evening to record seven songs.

And as is always the way with these things, having a week away from the technology has opened up all kinds of new ideas. We’ll see where this leads.

Comments

Popular Posts